-- New OneTouch® Verio® Sync Meter and OneTouch® Reveal™ Mobile App Brings Smart Diabetes Management to Mobile Devices --
Milpitas, California - January 13, 2014 – People living with diabetes can now check, manage and share their blood sugar results as conveniently as they check everything else in their lives – wirelessly, on their iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch®. Available now, the new OneTouch® Verio® Sync Meter from LifeScan, Inc. uses Bluetooth® technology to wirelessly send blood sugar test results to these devices using the OneTouch® Reveal™ mobile app.
From the OneTouch® Reveal™ mobile app’s Summary Screen, users can see their key information at a glance, including color-coded bar graphs showing the percentage of results within, above and below their personalized target ranges and14-day averages of blood sugar readings. Individuals can also access a color-coded electronic logbook that automatically displays test results over a two-week period, as well as other features that allow them to enter and view information about carbohydrates consumed, physical activity and medication. And with the OneTouch® Reveal™ mobile app’s data sharing feature, key information can be shared with healthcare professionals, caregivers or family members via text or email.
“When you consider how many of us rely on our smartphones on a daily basis, managing chronic illnesses such as diabetes is a promising area for mobile health applications,” said Jeremy Pettus, MD, UCSD Department of Endocrinology. “It’s exciting to see true wireless communication brought to blood glucose monitoring. By helping patients to easily access, understand and share their blood sugar data via their iPhones, a system like the OneTouch® Verio® Sync can help lead to better self-management and more productive conversations with their healthcare professionals."
For the 26 million Americans living with diabetes, regular blood sugar monitoring can play a key role in helping to detect high and low blood sugar levels and make therapy and lifestyle adjustments. Improved blood sugar control has been shown to prevent or delay many complications.
The OneTouch® Verio®Sync System with OneTouch® Reveal™ mobile app offers several key features to aid in daily diabetes management:
- 14-Day Summary Screen - Color coded bar graphs showing the percentage of results within, above, and below an individual’s personalized blood sugar target range. 14-day blood sugar average with number of tests per day and total tests included in the average. A tap on the bar graph on the Summary Screen brings additional information about each blood sugar result. Current day’s activity is also displayed (test results, meal tags, carbs, activity and medication data).
- Automatic Electronic Logbook - Blood sugar results are automatically organized into an electronic logbook and color coded to show if they are in range, above or below range. The color-coded electronic logbook automatically displays test results over a two- week period and users can enter and view information about carbohydrates consumed, physical activity and medication. Tapping the Show Patterns button highlights patterns, making it easier for the user to spot patterns than with a paper logbook.
- High and Low Glucose Pattern Alert - The OneTouch® Reveal™ mobile app can alert users when blood sugar results develop a pattern below the Low Limit or above the Before Meal High Limit that was personalized in the mobile app and makes it easy to spot patterns.
- Illuminated Testing Area - When a OneTouch® Verio® Test Strip is inserted into the OneTouch® Verio®Sync Meter, the screen and test strip port light up, for testing in dimly lit or dark conditions.
- Multiple Meter Use - Multiple OneTouch® Verio®Sync Meters (i.e. work and home) may be paired and uploaded to the same mobile device and the OneTouch® Reveal™ mobile app will automatically consolidate all data from multiple meters and present an integrated view.
- Memory - The OneTouch® Verio®Sync Meter stores up to 500 test results and displays the latest result. When synced to the OneTouch® Reveal™ mobile app, results from the past 14 days are displayed. Additional results in the meter memory can be downloaded to a computer with OneTouch® Diabetes Management Software (DMS). OneTouch® Diabetes Management Software can store all records and can be used to help plan meals, exercise, insulin dosing, and medication.
- Eco-conscious Rechargeable Battery - Lasts up to two weeks between charges and can be charged with the AC adapter or mini USB cable (both included).
- Compatibility - The OneTouch® Verio®Sync Meter and the OneTouch® Reveal™ mobile app are compatible with any iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch® running iOS 4.3,5, 6 or 7.
- Data Sharing Feature - Allows users to share key information about their blood sugar results with healthcare professionals, caregivers or family members via text or email.
- Availability & Pricing - Now available, the OneTouch® Verio®Sync Meter uses OneTouch® Verio® Test Strips, which are covered at the lowest co-pay on the most health plans1 and are always covered by Medicare Part B2.
The meter has an introductory promotional price of $19.99 and is available at the OneTouch® online store, http://www.ShopOneTouch.com, and will also be available at: http://www.Walgreens.com, http://www.CVS.com, http://www.RiteAid.com, and http://www.Walmart.com.
The OneTouch® Reveal™ mobile app is available as a free download from the App StoreSM.
For more information about the OneTouch® Verio®Sync System or other diabetes products or services, visit http://www.OneTouch.com.
With a shared vision of “creating a world without limits” for people with diabetes, LifeScan, Inc. is a member of Johnson & Johnson Diabetes Solutions Companies, a cross-company collaboration that reflects an ongoing commitment to better serve the diabetes community through comprehensive solutions that meet the needs of people with diabetes across the continuum of care. In the U.S. LifeScan is the leading blood glucose monitoring company and is recommended by more endocrinologists, primary care physicians and pharmacists than any other brand. Globally, more than 10 million people depend on LifeScan’s OneTouch® Brand products for simple testing and accurate results to help them manage their diabetes. For more information visit: www.OneTouch.com.